setting DDE Server Item data values

Feb 22, 2010 at 7:00 PM

got the sample application working, but have a question about how to update data for a specific data item.

the project i'm working on involves the migration of the current DDE server that was developed using Borland C++ Builder 6 to C# .NET.  in Borland, we created a DDE form, and on that form are some DDE items. (E - I - E - I - O - ha ha).  one item is DDETemperature.  in the current application (server), we set the text like this ... DDETemperature->Text = "24.3c".  the text is set based on a POKE request from the client application.

using the sample NDDE application (and changing the server name to DDE_PCE), i can see the OnPoke request come in, followed by an OnStartAdvise.  at this point in the Borland application, I would set the text of the temperature object to the current temperature, and, i assume, the underlying DDE functions take care of the rest.

My question....after the OnPoke request, how do i set the temperature value?  i see code that returns a value of the "time" in the OnRequest and OnAdvise methods, but i don't see anything that says "set this element to this value".  i've got about 10 different values that need to be updated independently of each other (data, temp, press, status, etc.).

Thanks in advance.

Pete.

Apr 8, 2010 at 12:32 PM

hi,

can anyone help with this?  please?

thanks,

pete.