Client goes silent...

Jul 25, 2012 at 4:57 PM

I'm writing a C# application that uses the DDE Client to connect to the DDE Server in a trading application called RediPlus.  

I modified the client test app that comes with NDde and told it to monitor 3 different stock symbols and it works fine, no errors, no problems.

The application I'm writing is using WPF (specifically, DataGrid with a List).  It works and updates the screen just fine, initially.  However, after some amount of time (it appears random... 1 minutes, 5 minutes, 30 minutes - all have happened) the OnAdvise callback is no longer called.  At the same time, OnDisconnected has also not been called.  

It appears I'm still connected but not getting any updates.  I do know the server is still good because I have an excel sheet running with DDE links that are still working.

I've got exception handling in the app and no exceptions are being thrown.  When it appears to go silent I have placed a breakpoint in the OnAdvise callback and it doesn't get hit.  I've also tried building both debug and release versions of the app and running without Visual Studio.  The results are the same.

Finally, I'm on Windows 7, 64-bit (app is being built 32-bit), using Visual Studio 2010 and .net 4.0.

Anyway know what may be wrong?  

Jul 22, 2014 at 6:56 PM
Mike, did you find any solution for this? I'm getting the same problem, and I'm really looking for its solutions. Please reply if you found any one on this, I'm really appreciate that. Thanks!
Nov 7, 2014 at 2:05 PM
Hello Mike, Vinh,

Any solution for this issue?